What are the club benefits?
- Access to clean, well equipped, and well maintained airplanes at an airport near you.
- Fuel-included (‘wet’) rental without fuel surcharges
- Only 1 hour per day minimums for multi-day or overnight cross-country trips.
- Built-in renter’s insurance. Sparrow’s Insurance covers YOU as a pilot whereas other rental businesses have insurance that just covers them – not you.
- Low insurance deductibles – member contribution is capped at $1000.00 for all aircraft.
- Built-in Safety Program that encourages your development or maintenance of a safe, current flying proficiency.
- You may choose an FAA-Certificated Flight Instructor from our approved independent CFI members.
- Easy payment arrangements (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Debit Cards).
- Free Private Pilot Ground School Class – every Saturday at 9:00 AM at the Conway Airport.
- Club DVD Library – check out a DVD from our club library for flight training, safety and more.
- Detailed, secure online web reports of your flights.
How much does it cost to join Sparrow Flying Club and what are the monthly dues?
The club initiation fee is $500 and the monthly dues are $45 thereafter. Current and former U.S. Military Service members can join for just $250 –Thank you for your service!
How much does it cost to rent the airplanes?
Rates vary between airplanes. All prices include fuel and tax. In other words, these are the hourly rates that you pay. There are no hidden fees, additional taxes, or fuel surcharges.
Can I rent the plane for a multi-day or week-long trip?
Absolutely! All we ask that you try to fly the airplane for an average of 1 hour for each 24 hours that it’s out.
What are the check-out requirements?
All a pilot has to do is demonstrate proficiency to the level of his/her certificate for the aircraft he/she is flying. If one is checked out in the C-172, they are automatically covered in the C-150/C-152. The Mooney and C-162 require separate checkouts.
How do I prepare for the FAA Knowledge Test?
Sparrow offers a Private Pilot Ground school every Saturday at 9:00 AM at the Conway airport. This is free for Sparrow Flying Club Members. It covers all of the material on the computerized knowledge test plus a lot more! The course costs $500 for non-members.
How do I schedule actual flight training?
Sparrow uses an internet based scheduling tool that makes reserving aircraft very convenient and easy. All you have to do is coordinate with your flight instructor.
If I chose to pursue Light Sport Training and then decided to go on to a single engine pilot license, will the earlier training be credited toward the latter?
What would the overall costs be for reach option (single engine pilot, light sport, both)?
The cost of training has a lot of variables including the rental rate of the aircraft you select and how often you train. Light Sport will cost between $4,500 to $7,500. A Private Pilot Certificate will cost between $6,000 to $11,000. However, this is not an up-front expense. You pay for training as you go as your budget allows.
Does Sparrow offer financing for flight training?
Not at this time; however, Sparrow accepts all major credit cards. Again, you can pay for training as you go or as your budget allows.